A downloadable game for Windows
You wake up in an abandoned underground research facility. Find the hidden power links and reconnect them to the infrastructure to make your escape.
Dead Science is a research experiment, designed to be played remotely.
Our goal is to better understand the way you interact with Virtual Environments. Please try to finish the game, otherwise we can't use your sample!
To play Dead Science, you need:
- A SteamVR Device (Vive, Vive Pro, Index)
- Should work with Oculus devices, not tested
- A 2x2m tracking space
- Windows with network connectivity
- 10-20 minutes of free time (please play until the end, or we won't be able to use your sample)
Please try not to move your head through walls! This might break some essential mechanics of the game.
- Very weird levels
- Dead Robots
- Toxic Waste
- Some challenging search tasks
- Your Contribution to Science
How to play on Oculus devices
At the start of the game, stand in the center of your tracking space and reset your position by holding the Oculus button on your controller. If you have trouble reaching something during the game, you might have to reset your position again.
For scientific analysis, we record the following things while playing:
- the actions you take
- when and where in the game you took each action
- an anonymous, unique ID to separate your data from the rest
- the version of the game you are using
The recordings are uploaded to our server automatically.
We do not record any audio or video from your device, or anything that happens outside of the game. If you would like your data to be deleted, send us a message on itch.io and we'll get back to you.
|Tags||Experimental, Exploration, Sci-fi, Virtual Reality (VR)|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey, I'm kinda new to VR. Is there a way I can put this on the Quest 2?
hey, as far as I know you can try with a "Link Cable" to connect your Quest to a PC, download Dead Science on the PC and start it there :) You might need to reset your position as described in "How to play on Oculus devices" above. Good Luck!